Colonoscopy Preparation FAQ
- Is it normal to get cold drinking this prep?
- Is it okay for diabetic patients to drink Gatorade?
- Can I drink Slimfast instead of Boost or Ensure?
- Are cigarettes, gum, and sugar okay to use on the prep?
- May I take my antianxiety medication the day of the test?
- Should I stop my aspirin?
- May I have something to drink after the prep and during the night?
- How do I know I am cleaned out enough after the prep?
- May I use something for my hemorrhoids or anal irritation from the prep?
- Why should I not use perfume or cologne on the day of the test?
- Are you sure I need a driver to take me home?
Is it okay for diabetic patients to drink Gatorade?
Yes, there are not many sugar calories in Gatorade or G2 so your blood sugar should not change much. It is important to monitor your blood sugars during the prep
Should I stop taking my aspirin?
If you are taking aspirin for heart disease or history of stroke do not stop taking the aspirin. If you are taking the aspirin only as a preventative for these diseases then please hold it 5 days prior to your test.
How do I know I am cleaned out enough after the prep?
After taking your prep your stools should be a yellow or greenish yellow watery liquid without any solid material. Your stools will not be clear like water.